So here’s how it works.
1. Send in your entry to garner points. Leave a message here on the blog, or on my email address with the following information:
- Your Name
- How I can reach you
- Delivery Date Guess
- Time (the more specific, the better)
- And if you’re feeling adventurous, # of hours in labor
2. Entries will be accepted only until March 5 (you’ll see why later).
3. Assuming your guess is correct, then the earlier you guessed, the higher your points will be. Ten (10) is the maximum number of points, moving all the way down to 1. For instance, if I do end up giving birth on March 13, and you sent in your correct guess on February 25, then you get 10 points. If you sent in the correct guess entry on March 5, then you only get 1 point.
4. Closest possible time and # of hours in labor will be used to tie-break points. I will be lenient enough to break down the elements of multiple entries, picking out the closest possible date, time and # of hours in labor so that you can rack up some points!
5. You may send in as many guesses as you like from today until March 5. If I give birth before the game is over (which I hope is not the case), then only entries sent in BEFORE I actually give birth will be counted. Points will start at 10 moving downwards to the date of my delivery.
6. PRIZE? Of course! But that will be determined depending on which continent you’re guessing from (Philippine readers definitely won’t get a Target gift card, for instance. US/ Canada participants won’t get Landmark Gift Certificates as well). Rest assured though the nominal value will be equivalent.
Here are some fun trivia tidbits to help you formulate your guess (or conversely, to confuse you!)
- They say that while 2nd babies tend to come earlier, they still trend towards the same gestational period as the first. That said, I gave birth to Sam at 40 weeks and 5 days.
- This time though, I am slightly bigger than my first pregnancy I feel, and they also say that when you’re bigger, you tend to come earlier.
- From the time I hit active labor to the time I gave birth, it was approximately 6pm of the 28th to 4:42AM of the 29th of November. They do say that 2nd-time labors go faster. I had a friend that said she didn’t even make it to the delivery table because within 20 minutes of the time she got to the hospital, she had her baby.
- I seriously and honestly, am praying that I do not go into labor until after March 5, because that’s when my mom arrives, and I need her here to be with Sam. So ALL my thoughts are “anytime after March 5”. 🙂
- My actual due date for this pregnancy is March 13.
- If I don’t give birth by March 13, most likely I will be scheduled to be induced by the 18th.
May the best guesser win!
February 25, 2011 at 7:59 am
March 12 – so that I’m back from Japan already and our clients don’t need to worry (hahaha)
2:30 AM so that it’s 1 PM our time and we’d be awake for when D announces on FB
7 hours in labor because it’s a nice number
February 25, 2011 at 4:35 pm
7 hours?! Have mercy, haha. Japan or not, I shall text you. You’ll be on roaming?
February 25, 2011 at 10:39 am
March 5, 2011.
3 hours labor.
February 25, 2011 at 4:36 pm
3:51PM? Exactly after we pick my mom up? That would be ideal! hahaha.
February 25, 2011 at 10:42 am
2nd guess is
March 15. Time of delivery and length of labor the same. 😀
February 25, 2011 at 4:37 pm
Aba, hedging on points! hehehe.
Wag naman March 15! Tagal na nun! 😉
February 25, 2011 at 5:14 pm
March 11th @ 12h20pm and you’ll be in labor for 4h30 hours
February 25, 2011 at 5:19 pm
Interesting! Let’s hope this time you’re right! 🙂
Pingback: March Madness is Here! « My Mommyology
March 4, 2011 at 9:16 am
March 7, 5am, 2 hours.
Pingback: The 2011 Labor & Delivery Story « My Mommyology